- When beginning to pack your items have all your packing supplies readily available; boxes, wrapping paper, bubble wrap, tape, covers, etc…
- Clearly label the boxes with its contents. It helps to put the label on more than one side so it is easy to identify.
- It also helps to label what room or section the box will be moved to or even using different color labels for each area.
- Do not pack more than you can lift.
- Fill empty spaces in boxes with newspapers for added stability for stacking.
- Disassemble larger pieces such as bed frames and tables. Wrap frames and legs together and store screws, nuts and bolts in plastic baggies.
- Wrap breakables individually, carefully and thoroughly.
- Use items such as refrigerators and stoves to store smaller items such as pots, pans, other appliances. Prop doors open for ventilation.
- Place larger or heavier items on bottom and stack lighter items on top.
- Store furniture on boards or pallets to keep off ground.
- Clean items that they are free of food or other perishables.
- Cover mattresses and store them flat and on level surfaces.
- Drain any equipment of fluids to prevent corrosion.
- Place more frequently accessed items towards the front of storage unit.
- Place less frequently accessed items towards the back of storage unit.
Check out our Twitter page & follow us for more storage tips, moving tips, and unique storage ideas!
Love our services & tips?
LEAVE US A GOOGLE REVIEW